Tuesday, June 12, 2018

June 4 - June 10

I tried running on Monday and that didn't go too well.  My calf was slightly painful for the first 15 or 20 minutes, then it got a lot worse so I ended up walking it in.  That was a bit of a bummer, but also not a huge surprise.

I didn't do much hiking this week outside of marking the Run for the Hills course with Cary.  Maybe that was a good thing as it gave me a bit more time to study for finals this week.  However, my calf was feeling a bit better by the end of the week so I'll try another run this week.  I'm optimistic I'll be running again by next week although it won't be too far to begin with.

Saturday I went for a ride on my brother's mountain bike.  Here's a video of my ride: Bike Ride 

Sunday the whole Miller family manned and aid station at Run for the Hills.  It was bit rainy which makes it less fun for the volunteers, but it looked like ideal conditions for the runners.  Regardless, it was fun to see a lot of local runners come through the aid station, and a few other runner I didn't know.

At this point I'm officially not going to run Western States this year.  That was a pretty disappointing decision, but also one that I saw coming for a while.  I certainly want to be there next year and I'm confident that it will happen.  For now, I just have to get healthy and slowly build back to top form.

Pine Drop in McDonald Forest

All ready for the runners


No comments:

Post a Comment