Thursday, July 12, 2018

June 25 - July 8

Well, it was only a matter of time before I missed a week so here the update on the last two weeks.

Two weekends ago, Mom, Dad, and I went to Hamilton, Montana for a wedding.  It was a fun trip.  The wedding was the first I been to that I was old enough to know what was happening, so that made the wedding pretty fun.  While in Hamilton, I was able to see a lot of family that I don't get to see often so that was great too.

As for running, I was able to explore some new terrain which I always enjoy doing.  I got in a couple run in Libby, Montana where my grandparents live, and a couple more in Hamilton.  Here's some pictures from the trip.

Swede Mountain Lookout

The Cabinets


Looking west from Ward Mountain

North from Ward Mountain








Lupine and Indian Paintbrush



My second run in Hamilton, this time heading up Blodgett Canyon






I saw a bull moose on this run, and here' him footprints.  He wasn't a little guy







Grandma and Dad

Grandpa, Dad, Grandma, and Mom
Me and my grandparents
Last week brought a bit more running and I was able to get in a couple decent runs.  It was sure great to be able to get back on the trails and explore some places I hadn't seen in a while.  One place I was especially excited to see was Mary's Peak.  I slowly watched the snow melt all spring, but when it was gone, that about when I got injured.  It was a long wait to get up Mary's Peak so I was sure glad I got to make it to the top!

An overcast day on Mary's Peak

Tiger Lilies


Foxglove
Outside of Mary's Peak, the other fun run was a long easy day by Cougar Reservoir near McKenzie Bridge.  The run ended up being about 6 hours which was a solid 1/2 hour longer than I intended, but that certainly didn't take away from the fun.  I was lucky to stumble upon some nice trails that had a lot of use from bikers.  However, not all the trails were getting a lot of use, so there was also a fair share of overgrown trails.  Regardless, there was some great views and nice trails which make me want to get back there soon.



I have seen these yellow iris before, but there was a few on this run


Tiger Lily

North and Middle Sister
Overall, the last couple weeks went pretty well.  I got in a bit of running and my calf is feeling almost 100% which is very encouraging.  Provided that I'm patient enough to stay healthy, there should be a bit of fun left in this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment